Commitment to the Environment
We at the Inn at Woodstock Hill are committed to providing a beautiful and functional facility while striving to do all we can to minimize our impact on the environment.
The Inn at Woodstock Hill strives to:
- Use local and organic food whenever possible. We also grow some of our own herbs, flowers, vegetables, fruits and berries.
- Purchase recycled and reusable office products and toiletries.
- Reduce energy usage.
- Conserve water consumption.
- Decrease pollution by avoiding use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutes when feasible and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment.
- Communicate our environmental commitment to clients, guests and the public to encourage them to support our efforts. If you have suggestions for how we can improve our conservation efforts, please include comments at the end of your stay at the Inn.
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner with a firm commitment to train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work.
Thank you so much for helping the Inn at Woodstock Hill to be a green business!
All food and beverage consumed on the first floor must be dispensed by the Inn. We request any personal food or liquor be consumed in your room.
Notice of cancellation must be made 72-hours prior to the date of arrival. Notice of cancellation for holiday weekends must be made one-week prior to the date of arrival. If proper notice is not given, we reserve the right to charge guests for the total reservation amount.
High Demand Weekends:
Rooms have a one month cancellation policy. If proper notice is not given, we reserve the right to charge you for the total reservation amount.
Group Room Reservations (Room Blocks):
A group rate of $175.00 per evening plus 15% CT State Occupancy Tax will apply to a block of eight or more rooms. This rate is based on double occupancy; a $15.00 charge applies for additional guests. Rooms are assigned at The Inn’s discretion.
A credit card number with expiration date and CID code, name, address and phone number are required to hold a block of overnight guest rooms. Payment for any unreserved rooms that remain within the block will be charged to the credit card or The Inn can be paid using cash or a check.
A two-night minimum applies for rooms blocked on holiday weekends.
The rooms directly above the dining room must be reserved in the block for any guest hosting an evening function at The Inn.
Any guests wishing to reserve a room in the block must contact The Inn directly. Rooms will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis. An address, phone number, and credit card number will be required from each guest.
Two-weeks after signing this policy, all rooms reserved in the block become final and non-cancellable. If rooms are unwanted after this period, we reserve the right to charge the full amount of the rooms to the person responsible for group bookings.
The Inn at Woodstock Hill is not responsible for any loss or damage due to events outside of The Inn at Woodstock Hill’s control including direct or indirect acts of God, power failures or other fortuitous events including but not limited to war, fire, extreme weather or other emergencies.